Thursday, October 9, 2014

Design a Package

So our next project, related to the previous one, is.. design our own packaging! We went outside the school and we ran into various shops. My team ran to Cheers, 7eleven, Guardian, Korean supermarket, and we found some things, which is on the previous post. We are told to buy one product, and after listing some flaws on our bought products, we should design and make the packaging that should be more suitable for the product. After like 1-1,5 hours of making, well, not to mention that I'm not really satisfied with the result, but it is actually quite good.

          

So yeah, my team had to redesign a nail polish remover, which we previously found the packaging has many flaws. Because the previous one looks like a kitchen cleaner bottle and looks very not appealing, we decided to make a stand out feminine packaging to attract consumers. Because of the time factor, the packaging actually not quite finish, but well it delivers the main message and purpose that we were trying to say.

      


So after finish, we supposed to present our product briefly for our class, and we gather every team's packaging.

every team's designs
wet tissue pack from Nickless' team
Beverage package design from Laine's team
Disney snack packaging from Jason's team
2 other team's packaging
So basically this activity is meant to solve a problem in creative way. I'm quite disappointed in myself that I didn't do creative enough and it's hard to sync my fellow team members opinion into a product. I learn from this project that every problem can be solve in a very beautiful yet interesting way, even though the outer look is not very astonishing, it solves the problem yet it makes everything more exciting. I will learn more and since I'm a DM student, I will improve my advertising and packaging designs more. This project makes me realise and makes me eager to see more of the design in everything I buy and everything I see in stores or even in my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment