Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I AM MADE FOR SAM

So it was another awesome lesson for creative thinking class. Our class had a visit to SAM (Singapore Art Museum), and we were given this "I AM MADE FOR SAM" stickers.

Me and my team member, with stickers on.

With a simple task from Ms. Tan, we went to the place of our mission.


Thanks to Yi Sheng for sacrificing his head.

At a glance, honestly I didn't know what thing is that. After looking closely and read the explanation, I realised that the thing is actually a big bunch of real hair, created into a javanese rural hairstyle for girls. Related to this artwork, we have to came up and draw hairstyles that trends in our own culture. My group itself has like 4 cultures since everyone came from different countries; Malaysia, Singapore, China, Indonesia. So we personally came up with some hairstyles that we often sees in our country or in worldwide.

Discussing hair (Fujun is totally immersed with her hair too lol)
Drawing on the floor since we don't have any tables. And its very dark.
Finished works (The one with colourful hair is mine)

I guess our team was the most ambitious one since we draw so many hairstyle, looking the other team that draws one or two hairstyle only. I feel sorry about Ms. Tan for waiting us so long on the floor because we were the last group to finish.




So after completing our task, my fellow member and I walk around the SAM, seeing artworks and took some pictures together. We went to various rooms with various interesting things to play, to see, and to experience with.

CCTV camera experience (don't try this at home!)


Playing with laser lights!

Honey sticks from SAM



Leisuring on nipple pillows.





As an artist, it is a very interesting experience to actually see so many exciting and creative works that we have never seen and thought before. Even though it's only for like 1-2 hours, I feel that the works and the task that was given is actually brings many new ideas into my head. And I think this whole activity is not just to observe and to learn arts, but I think it also strengthen our  friendship bonds than ever. It is a very great time I have there, especially being able to have fun with my besties. I would like to go there again with my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment