Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Past, My works

Hi again! So this might be the last few entries that I will post for this creative thinking class. Well, different than usual of talking about school activities and class, today I will let you see some of my very past works, until my very current assignment works. In short, this is a very very brief of my drawing journey.

So we will start with.. 
I can't believe I actually upload these drawings TT.TT

So those were..  my drawing, around 2005-2007, which means I was an elementary student back then. Still like 3rd grader to 6th grader. Well I do love drawing from I was very young, and I started to develop my own kind style of drawing since I was 6-7 y.o. My teacher would ask me what I wanted to be in the future, and I will always answer "painter", because that time I only now that drawing is the only thing that a painter does.
Well now I'm shy to see my own works..

         

You can see this, after a few years, my drawing style become like a more fantasy thing. Hairstyles are mostly similar, and it is more anime like as time goes. I was in junior high, and I started to dream bigger, to become fashion designer or.. whoever that design things.


After finally my parent gave me a pen tablet, I started to learn to draw with it. It was on my junior high school, and I will draw anime kind of drawing most of the time. I'm not really good at colouring and the techniques because I never have a course and that time internet is a thing that I can't use and enjoy with because of the condition that time. So everything basically, based on my nature, I love to try things. New one. Because of that, I was able to join some competition in various subjects.


Entering Senior high school, I began to be more serious than ever for my art future. My friend and my teacher also think of my hobby more seriously, and they always ask me to draw if there was any small or even large scale project for class or even the school. I began to very active at journalism competition, doing layouts, colouring, or even writing. And during my second year, they gave me the crown of the head of my school's journalism team.


My hobby of drawing became bigger and bigger, and I will draw and draw whenever I want, even when I took an exam and tests. I will draw like every single paper that I have in my textbooks, well, it's a bad habit. I will make any subject notes into a drawing, or even a story. I was so crazy.


The momentum is going and one day I heard from someone that there was a competition that I can enter internationally. I make them very last minute, like few hours before the closing upload hour, and I just don't hope too much. Well a month later they said I'm winning. This what makes me so sure of taking art, whether it's illustration, animation, or graphic design.




So that is how I finally choose a path of being a graphic designer. It has been a lot of week i've been through here at NAFA and I'm not regretting my decision of taking art as my career. Some people told me to take music rather than design, some also told me to take even mathematics. But well, I will still follow my heart. I won't give up.

and here's my recent assignment works;







And that's all for today! Thanks for reading my story! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment